[vlc-devel] Difficulties with autconf/automake

Andreas Korth andreas.korth at gmx.net
Sun Oct 19 03:34:24 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to write a VLC plugin, but I have difficulties with the
autoconf/automake system. Obviously, I haven't done much development on
Linux yet. I know what autoconf and automake are for, but not how to use
them.

I modified 'modules.am' to include the source file and ran bootstrap.
However, my plugin won't get built since (I guess) there's no
configuration option and thus the Makefile won't include the build
commands for my plugin.

How do I add new files to the autoconf system, so that they get built
with VLC?

Cheers,
Andreas