[vlc-devel] Question on input_thread_t.stream->p_selected_area.i_tell

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Sat Sep 6 11:08:04 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

How does one tell what position they're at when reading an MPEG2 PS
(i.e. VOB) from disk?  It doesn't use fopen() / fread(), instead opting
for a sockets-based approach.  The stream->p_selected_area.i_tell
member is only updated during a seek, so what if we never seek i.e.
just play?  Can I somehow use the socket handle to get a FILE * to call
ftell() with, or some other means of getting the current read pos?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou