[vlc-devel] Re: VLC - Subtitles, better but not enough.

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Thu Sep 11 15:50:58 CEST 2003

On zondag, sep 7, 2003, at 22:47 Europe/Amsterdam, mezzo wrote:
> Win2K
> VLC v0.6.2
>
> > when reading divx files the subtitles show up, but the font can't be
> changed neither the area of appearance as when using DivXG400...

You can change the font in the preferences.
choose modules->text-renderer->freetype and select the font of your
choice.

The area of appearance can in fact be changed. Look at the SPU option
in the general video preferences.
However you can only move it horizontally, and only within the actual
picture (i.e. the area you can see in normal view), you cannot position
them in the additional black bars which often show up in fullscreen.

> > I know this is a minor thing to correct, but when watching a chinese
> movie with chinese subtitles incrusted... whell It's tough to read
> through them another version in english or french...

I understand. We are working hard to improve our subtitle suppor

> Thanx for your time and work !
> A happy user ! :-)

---
Videolan - VLC media player