[vlc-devel] Subs Bug

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Sat Sep 13 15:52:30 CEST 2003

Roland.Sander at fmc-ag.com writes:
 > Hi there!
 >
 > You do a great job with the vlc player. I am using the win32 build. I have
 > some suggestions for a new version:
 >
 > bug: SVCDs with subs muxed by winsubmux do 'hang' when a subtitle should be
 > displayed. mplayer does not show them too but does not hang while playing
 > these files.

I'd be interested if this is also true with xine. (If xine doesn't
have a problem, this might suggest how to address in vlc.) A while ago
Julio Sanchez put in some code in the xine MPEG demuxer to recognize
the presence of VCD subtitle packets.

He also had some code even to display the subtitles too, although that
code hasn't gotten into xine and probably needs to be reworked to get
into the current sources.