[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (fenrir)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Sep 19 20:48:48 CEST 2003

On Friday 19 September 2003 13:07, Jon Lech Johansen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 09:02:28PM +0200, Gildas Bazin
> >
> > That would be better indeed but that still leaves (at least) MSVC out.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccelng/htm/basic_45.asp

This is not the point.
The problem here is that neither "long long" nor "int64_t" nor "__int64_t"
are portable across compilers, which means that we would have to use the
same cruft as there currently is in vlc_common.h in the libvlc public
headers, which is not very nice.
Although it is feasible as this is only a compiler dependent problem, thus
allowing the use of the compiler defines to select which type name to use.

--
Gildas