[vlc-devel] Re: 0.6.3 release?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Sep 20 13:24:19 CEST 2003

On Saturday 20 September 2003 03:44, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> I think we need to start thinking about an 0.6.3 release.
> What other jobs are out there? What are the major blockers on the way
> of 0.6.3?
> There are plenty of new features, but do we have any stability issues
> left to deal with?

Right now I can think of these:

- Ogg demuxer needs to be fixed as it can't play Ogg web radios anymore
(I'll look at that).

- The libmpeg2 decoder plugin which has been ported to the new api doesn't
deal with stream discontinuities anymore which makes it display garbage
after a seek.

- Keyboard shortcuts handling has been started but never finished so either
need to be disabled before the release or somebody needs to finish this.

- Apparently audio/video synchro is not right for the DirectShow input.

I'm sure there are lots of other things as well ;)

--
Gildas