[vlc-devel] SAP listener RFC violation

jhml at gmx.net jhml at gmx.net
Sun Sep 21 17:27:48 CEST 2003

Hi all,

RFC 2974 says:
--
   The payload type field is a MIME content type specifier, describing
   the format of the payload.  This is a variable length ASCII text
   string, followed by a single zero byte (ASCII NUL).  The payload type
   SHOULD be included in all packets.  If the payload type is
   `application/sdp' both the payload type and its terminating zero byte
   MAY be omitted, although this is intended for backwards compatibility
   with SAP v1 listeners only.
--

However, vlc 0.6.2 ignores SAP packets which do not include the payload type
field and not even the NUL byte. While the RFC violation is not the problem

Cheers, Jonny