[vlc-devel] Re: interprocess communication?

Loïc Minier lool at videolan.org
Tue Sep 23 02:36:21 CEST 2003

Steven Brown <sbrown at gf.hm.rd.sanyo.co.jp> - Tue, Sep 23, 2003:

> If it is not too much trouble, I would be interested in those steps.
> Whether I do anything with them depends on how much jig is required.  =)
> I just want to clarify, it is not possible to do this workaround without
> modifying the source and recompiling vlc, correct?

 There is the "rc" (remote control) interface which reads commands from
 a console and outputs messages (including debug messages, warnings,
 errors) and results. You can script around it, but it's not a fixed
 "API".
   In a similar way, there is some Python code by Asmax providing
 (some?) RTSP support, you might want to look at that to implement your
 own protocol or use a standard protocol that suits your needs.

 I guess a "networked interface" would be preferable to the above, but
 it depends of your needs.

--
Loïc Minier <lool at videolan.org>