[vlc-devel] Re: interprocess communication?

Olivier Aubert oaubert at bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Sep 23 14:27:40 CEST 2003

Apart from the rc and http control, there is also a CORBA plugin (which
was added to vlc-0.6.1 I think) that we are actively using to develop an
application around VLC. One of the benefits of using CORBA is that we
have to specify a precise API, which makes clearer the plugin abilities.

We use this plugin with a python/gtk interface, regularly polling for
position and other status information, with good performances. We would
be very interested in feedback about the (far from perfect) API that we
use.

Olivier