[vlc-devel] Re: Arm crosscompiling for iPaq

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Tue Sep 23 15:55:13 CEST 2003

Alessandro Marino wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:02:57 +0200
> Christophe Massiot <massiot at via.ecp.fr> wrote:
>

>>À (At) 19:46 +0200 21/09/03, Alessandro Marino écrivait (wrote) :
>>

>>>cvs [checkout aborted]: no such tag gettext-0_11_5
>>>/usr/bin/autopoint: line 259: fatal_error: command not found
>>>find: tmpwrk4830/archive: No such file or directory
>>>find: tmpwrk4830/archive: No such file or directory
>>
>>Which version of gettext do you have ?
>>
>>Christophe Massiot.
>>

> Now I update gettext to 0.11.5 version. Besides I update autoconf to 2.57 and automake to 1.7.6.
> After these updates bootstrap process terminates without problems, but I can't yet compile vlc, because after run ./rules I always obtain at make command:
>
> make: *** No rule to amke target '../config.status', needed by 'Makefile'. Stop.
>
> I really don't know how to compile successfully vlc. Any suggestions?

Goto to the toplevel directory for compiling vlc. Then use the command:

ipkg/rules config

and if that worked successfully do a:

ipkg/rules build

If any of these steps didn't work send the build log to this list. You
can create the log by doing:

make distclean; ./bootstrap; ipkg/rules config build > error.log 2>&1

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman
VLC iPaq maintainer