[vlc-devel] Re: compilation for windows

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Sep 29 19:49:14 CEST 2003

On Monday 29 September 2003 19:35, Lucas Gonze wrote:

> Thank you, Gildas.
>
> For what it's worth, I slogged a fair amout of the way through a Cygwin
> build and found that it wasn't a productive way to spend time -- too
> many small porting issues.

I'm using cygwin to build VLC when I'm at work and it works like a charm.

The only problem is that the cygwin distribution has been recently updated
with gcc 3.3.1 so you need to use the vlc contrib package compiled for gcc
3.3.1 otherwise you'll have lots of linker errors with C++ libraries
(matroska, wxwindows, etc...).

--
Gildas