[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7209 (gbazin)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Apr 1 20:16:14 CEST 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 19:03, R. Bernstein wrote:
> Subversion daemon writes:
>  > r7209 | gbazin | 2004-03-31 22:52:31 +0200 (Wed, 31 Mar 2004) | 6 lines
>  > Changed paths:
>  >    M /trunk/modules/codec/mpeg_audio.c
>  >    M /trunk/src/input/es_out.c
>
> Information about the Stream and their properties that was recently put in
> is no longer in "Stream and Media Info." How do we get that back in?

The changes that were done in AddES in input_programs.c have been reverted
because AddES is deprecated and will be removed very soon and the changes
there created duplicated "media info" entries for demuxers using the new
api (99% of them).
The vcd and dvd plugins will need to be changed to use the new demuxer api
but this isn't yet done mainly because we haven't yet defined a way to
handle titles/chapters with this api.

As for mpeg_audio.c, I would prefer to have a way to do this without
polluting every codec plugins with "media info" stuff. I don't know yet how
this will be done or if it is possible but in the mean-time I'd rather not
have everybody add things like this in the codecs.

--
Gildas