[vlc-devel] Drag and Drop Problem

Jason Luka jason at geshp.com
Sun Apr 4 13:02:44 CEST 2004

I'm attempting to run an .mpg file in vlc on Gnome 2.6 with Fedora, but
I'm running into problems.

1) Double clicking on the .mpg file from the desktop gives me this
problem.  The url it tries to load converts spaces to %20's, left
backets to %5B's and right brackets to %5D.  It won't run the file once
VLC loads.  I can tell what file it's trying to load because of the
playlist.  It reads file:///home/geshp/Desktop/wonderfalls.s01e01-final-
TV.%5BBT%5D.mpg

2) Dragging and dropping the .mpg file from the desktop to VLC creates a
similar problem.  The url reads /home/geshp/Desktop/wonderfalls.s01e01-
final-TV.%5BBT%5D.mpg

3) Open it with 'Quick Open File' reads it correctly, /home/geshp/
Desktop/wonderfalls.s01e01-final-TV.[BT].mpg