[vlc-devel] Re: Mozilla Plugin

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Apr 8 13:39:49 CEST 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 13:29, Michael Pron wrote:
> I'm actually trying to clean the code as much as I can.
> But I've got a problem with the access functions to objects
(vlc_object_get , vlc_object_find ...).
> Explanation : First I'd coded in libvlc.c (that was easy to deal with).
> But i don't think people would like to see code related to mozilla plugin
in this file.
> So I'm trying to move theses functions to mozilla/vlcpeer.cpp. There's no
big deal with the compilation , but when you try to view a movie in
mozilla, mozilla crashes.
> I get this message : "undefined symbol:
_Z16__vlc_object_getP12vlc_object_ti", which is in fact not surprising,
knowing that i didn't change any linking rules.
> Any idea??? (changes in Makefile.in ??? )

Because you are compiling C++ code, you'll need to include you're
vlc_object_foo() declarations in something like:
# ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
# endif
# ifdef __cplusplus
}
# endif

However, may I instead suggest you extend the libvlc API to fit your needs
instead of trying to use internal/private libvlc functions ?

--
Gildas