[vlc-devel] SAP

Hornsby Adrian adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 13:01:55 CEST 2004

I installed videolan mini sapserver on my Linux server.
Then I enabled playlist on the client side and I got correct playlist displayed
on my VLC

Everything looked fine  and when I clicked on a playlist item the TV started
playing.

But then to my surprise I noticed that the playlist window and vlc
menu are kind of locked. They can not be moved and are not getting refreshed at
all, if some other window covers them then they are staying blank after getting
exposed.

And the video window is also kind of locked, one can not close it.
All vlc windows can be only closed by the standard 'program is not responding'
window.

What is going on here? VLC is playing perfectly when I use it via normal
interface.