[vlc-devel] Re: (BeOS make problem) adding libpostproc.a

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Apr 15 12:49:13 CEST 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 11:37, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The BeOS make process currently fails linking vlc. I need to add the
> postproc library to be linked. This is the line that doesn't work:

> ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o): In
> function `InitPostproc__ffmpeg':
> libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o(.text+0x28e): undefined reference to
> `pp_get_context'
> ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o): In
> function `PostprocPict__ffmpeg':
> libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o(.text+0x38a): undefined reference to
> `pp_postprocess'
> ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o): In
> function `ClosePostproc__ffmpeg':
> libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o(.text+0x3be): undefined reference to
> `pp_free_mode'
> libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o(.text+0x3cd): undefined reference to
> `pp_free_context'
> ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o): In
> function `PPQCallback':
> libffmpeg_a-postprocess.o(.text+0x484): undefined reference to
> `pp_get_mode_by_name_and_quality'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [vlc] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/boot/home/projects/develop/vlc/vlc-trunk'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/boot/home/projects/develop/vlc/vlc-trunk'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

> How can I add libpostproc.a somewhere in the makefile jungle?

Unfortunately, the ffmpeg build system doesn't make it easy on applications
to know which libraries a compiled/installed libavcodec/libavformat depend
on.
In this case, we just have to assume the user enabled post-processing but
not as a shared library (which is the recommended setup anyway).

--
Gildas