[vlc-devel] Re: Another build/makefile question (+ another one)

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Thu Apr 15 13:04:28 CEST 2004

Eric Petit wrote on Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:40:45 +0000:

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > On BeOS, after the vlc executable has been generated, I want the
> > makefile to execute two more commands on it, that is:
> > xres -o vlc share/vlc_beos.rsrc
> > mimeset -f vlc
> > How do I add this to the build system so that it only happens on
> > BeOS
> > and is automatically added to the correct makefile during ./
> > configure?
>
>  These rules are set in Makefile.am, btw it's already done (lines
> 404-411).

Somehow these lines seem to have had no effect. Any clues?

>  Good to see you back,

Thanks.

I've got another question for you. Did you manage to build the
deinterlacer module with MMX enabled? The configure script obviously
tested wether compiling MMX was possible and generated CAN_COMPILE_MMX
to be true. However, I had to manually disable this flag in the
deinterlacer to get it compiling. I presume I have to somehow change
the assembler, is this even possible on BeOS?

Best regards,
-Stephan