[vlc-devel] Re: i want to help

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Sun Apr 18 12:26:46 CEST 2004

On Sunday 18 April 2004 11:58, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> Le dimanche 18 Avril 2004 10:40, Aparaschivei Constantin a écrit :
> > hi.
> > my name is aparaschivei constantin and i am from romania.
> > first, i want to translate vlc into romanian. what should i do to get
> > started?
>
> You should first translate the VLC Media Player interface, which already
> represent a fair amount of work. VideoLAN uses GNU gettext for
> translation. Translation files may be found there:

http://developers.videolan.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/vlc/po/?cvsroot=VideoLAN

I would also add this link for instructions:
http://developers.videolan.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/vlc/doc/translations.txt?cvsroot=VideoLAN

I also uploaded a brand new Romanian translation file for you to work on:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/testing/po/ro.po

Regards,

--
Gildas