[vlc-devel] Change hotkey behaviour on Mac OS X?

André Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Mon Apr 19 03:36:08 CEST 2004

Hi guys, I'm sitting on a patch at the moment which changes the hotkey
behaviour on Mac OS X.  By default, Cocoa intercepts any Cmd-x
keypresses, so if you have a hotkey defined for, e.g. Cmd-Enter,
VLC.app will beep at you because there's no Cmd-Enter defined in the
.nib file.  I have a small patch which changes that behaviour, so if a
Cmd key combination is pressed, if the user has configured the key in
the hotkeys module, it will be picked up, and if one isn't defined,
it's passed off to Cocoa for usual handling (which means that it will
still beep at you if there's no Cmd-x key combination defined in the
.nib).

The only question is: do we want this sort of behaviour?

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save