[vlc-devel] Movies that stop before they are finished, only via http

James MacLean macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Fri Apr 23 13:59:13 CEST 2004

Hi Folks,

Attached is a log of an AVI that plays fine in mplayer and Windows Media
Player off a web site, but stops a short time into playing it with
VLC.

Odly, it runs fine locally with VLC if I download the file first.

I have attached a sample run and all I can deduce is that VLC thinks it is
at the end of the stream?

How may I help debug what is happening here. I have seen this more than
once lately but thought it was my enocoding that messed things up, but
that doesn't appear related this time.

Latest SVN from this morning, but tried on various SVN revisions lately
and on both Linux and Windows.

JES
James B. MacLean        macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education