[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7483 (gbazin)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Sun Apr 25 18:46:13 CEST 2004

On Sunday 25 April 2004 18:35, Subversion daemon wrote:
> r7483 | gbazin | 2004-04-25 18:35:39 +0200 (Sun, 25 Apr 2004) | 5 lines
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/modules/stream_out/transcode.c
>
> *  modules/stream_out/transcode.c:
>    + new options to allow forcing an encoder and passing options to it.
>      (aenc=foo{optionbar=bar,etc...},venc=foo{optionbar=bar,etc...} where
foo is the encoder plugin name).
>    + got rid of aopts/vopts which is not needed anymore ;)

After some discussion with fenrir, I decided to change the transcode syntax
again so we don't need to break it once more after the 0.7.2 release.
The new syntax allows one to force the encoder as well as passing encoder
specific options to it.

Here is what it looks like:
#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2,aenc=ffmpeg{encoder_specific_options},vcodec=mp4v,vb=1000,venc=ffmpeg{encoder_specific_options}}

The aim here is also to make aenc/venc optional when acodec/vcodec is
specified and vice-versa. For instance some encoder plugins support only 1
codec so specifying aenc/venc makes acodec/vcodec completely useless.
Specifying only acodec/vcodec also makes it easy on the user who doesn't
want to bother with the implementation details (which encoder supports
which codec, etc...).

--
Gildas