[vlc-devel] Quicktime 6.0 support

Alexander Kugel alex_kugel at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 23:27:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to use VLC to save an MPEG4 video received from RTSP to a
QuickTime movie format. So I choose "save to file" output method with
".mov" encapsulation from "stream output" dialog box.

For testing purposes I use the following URL (which I found on
openRTSP/live.com discussion forum):

rtsp://christianchallenge.org:554/ccistream/sunday.mp4

The movie has two tracks - mp4v and mp4a.

VLC most of the time successfully saves the file as requested. The saved
file can be reloaded and replayed by VLC. However QuickTime 6.0 player
can play only the audio track of the movie. QuickTime player can show
you all the information about the video track (size, encoding, FPS,
etc.) but shows no video while playing the audio track.

Please advice,

Alexander Kugel

Configuration: PC Pentium IV 2.0 GHz, 256M RAM

OS:               WinXP Pro

VLC version:  0.7.1