[vlc-devel] Re: [MOD] Problems opening DirectShow input (win32, log file attached)

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Wed Apr 28 11:42:07 CEST 2004

Josh,

I've had exactly the same problem with my ATI All In Wonder, I've
submitted a patch for the DirectShow plug-in, which has made its way to
version 0.7.2 of  VLC. Hopefully, If you download this version,
currently only available in CVS/SVN, this should resolve your problem.

There is a minor gottcha, however. the patch I submitted will try to
force the video source to the 'Video Tuner' by default; However, you can
fiddle with the Crossbar properties to choose the correct  input source
(Enable 'Advanced Properities')

Anyway, if you are unsuccessful in getting the video source, send me the
log file, and I'll see what I can do.

Damien