[vlc-devel] Re: vlc & hauppauge pvr350

Daniel Lawson daniel at wand.net.nz
Tue Aug 24 21:44:35 CEST 2004

>We do need select() to avoid blocking indefinitely on the read() in case
>there isn't any data coming out of the card.

There will always be data coming out of the card, unless there is a
buggy driver... :)

>The fact that select() doesn't work in your case strongly suggests you have
>a buggy PVR driver. To work around this you can remove the select()
>alltogether if you want.

I've removed the select, which brings me back to the point I was trying
to describe in my first post:

I get a couple of frames of output, then a lot of errors in the mpeg
unit, saying 'loss of start frame' and 'lots of garbage' or similar
terms (PC is off atm, can't check).

Currently I'm investigating using vls to read off the card and provide a
udp stream to vlc, which transcodes it then passes it out. This too is
having problems, although I suspect it's a ffmpeg or similar problem as
it only happens if transcoding.

Daniel

--
Daniel Lawson