[vlc-devel] Re: PTZ control module for VLC

Daniel M. Lambea dmlambea at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:48:04 CEST 2004

> >   Mmmm... I had to backport the MJPEG code from SVN back to 0.7.2,
> > along with the ptz module because the svn version had a couple of
> > serious bugs I couldn't live with. I will take a look at the svn
> > version again, to see if  I can use that experimental feature back in
> > version 0.7.2
> generally speaking it is much better for all parts if you report these
> serious bugs and let us fix them, than if you spend lots of time and effort
> working on outdated code.

  The following situations I can get good results:

  a) I can get video from the Axis camera via http
(http://<ip>/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi) and to see it onscreen.

  b) I can get video from the Axis, transcode it, and stream it over
the network, without seeing it onscreen.

  But I cannot get both. I cannot transcode-and-stream while viewing
it. The viewer simply stops.

  AFAIK, version 0.7.2 is the latest stable version, isn't it? I need
a stable version to use.

> That said you will not be able to use this experimental feature in 0.7.2 without
> backporting nearly all changes between 0.7.2 and svn.

  Mmmmm... I'm *really* in a hurry with this... actually, I'm
interested in the Axis 230 MPEG-2, which has video/audio capabilities
builtin... if that model were unusable for my needs, I would need to
hack the audio input within the HTTP input no matter the effort...
:-(

  Regards,
    Daniel M. Lambea