[vlc-devel] Re: Multicast udp streaming from playlist - problems

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue Aug 31 22:56:07 CEST 2004

this is easy I think. You are not using the latest Subversion version
ar you?

 From livedotcom.cpp:
int fd = sub->rtpSource()->RTPgs()->socketNum();

The VLC plugin always expects there to be a rtpSource()
In the kasenna situation however, there is only a readSource and not
it's child (a rtpSource) available.
This is fixed with a if( sub->rtpSource() ) in the current development
version.

DJ

On 31 aug 2004, at 20:16, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:

> I'll take a look at the kasenna live work for VLC
>
> DJ
>
> On 31 aug 2004, at 17:40, Dermot McGahon wrote:
>
>> Resending without attachments. Log files at:
>>
>> http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/crashes_vlc/
>> http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/channel_change/
>> http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/live_vlc/
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm attaching a set of log files which will show some
>> problems that I am having using vlc as a multicast udp
>> viewer.
>>
>> In general, it works quite well.
>>
>> The two main problems are:
>>
>> (1)  Crashes after a period of time. This can vary from between
>>      forty minutes to four or five hours. The logs files with
>>      "crash" in the filename should hopefully shed some light on
>>      what happens just before the crash.
>>
>> (2)  Using any method to change stream (n & p from the keyboard;
>>      console interface next and previous; web interface next and
>>      previous): there are *some* channels which cause jumpiness
>>      on channel change. Changing either to or away from these
>>      channels will cause a three or four second settling period.
>>      I will dump some of this content to disk and try and see what
>>      is unusual about it, but I am hoping that the log files
>>      might show up what is unusual.
>>
>> The two live log files are where I tried a straight port of my
>> mplayer LIVE.COM Kasenna format RTSP changes to vlc. This is just
>> the initial attempt. I will debug further next week. Don't bother
>> looking at these unless you have a particular interest in Kasenna
>> LIVE.COM rtsp/mpeg2/udp (no rtp). Derk-Jan, maybe you might have
>> a look at these if you have the time.

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (hartman at videolan dot org)
http://www.videolan.org/vlc