[vlc-devel] RTSP trickplay support

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Tue Dec 7 04:00:46 CET 2004

Jumping on the bandwagon of feature-requests,
the LiveMedia streaming library now has trickplay (ff/rw) support akin
to a VCR.
I have my own incentives in getting this working on OSX, but wanted to
know if anyone is working on integrating this into VLC before I try my
own hand.

Well, to be honest I haven't touched the vlc code base in a few months
so am wondering if someone has a moment to check it out :)

one point I would like confirmed:  under the Control menu, there's a
"Faster/Slower" option that, at least on OSX when playing a wav file,
silences the output (slider/counter still progress though...)  Clicking
the "<</>>" buttons skip around the file, but in rather big jumps.
Aren't these supposed to be the same thing essentially?  How do people
want streaming-trickplay implemented?

thanks,
matt