[vlc-devel] cddax vs cdda plugins

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Wed Dec 8 05:35:26 CET 2004

I've been trying to get the libcdio cddax plugin working better.

In the Wxwindow interface, the time played and length of a track or
disk don't appear down in the status at the bottom left. They do for
cdda and I believe this was working once for cddax. As a result of
this, I guess seeking is broken in cddax. My understanding is this is
now done via the pf_control callback a ACCESS_GET_TITLE_INFO request,
and one copies length in milliseconds for each track.

Also in the cdda navigation menu lists all of the tracks and on can go
next/prev to them while in cddax none are listed and I really don't
know how to get this working either.

Is there some sort of document overview document of how to write a
complete input access plugin?

Thanks.