[vlc-devel] Re: Compile with gcc 3.4 fails

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Fri Dec 10 03:20:05 CET 2004

I've changed configure.ac so that -fpermissive is added for the
wxwindows C++ compilations (assuming C++ allows -fpermissive).

However better would be to fix the INSERT_ELEM macro of playlist.cpp
since we're being told that this is not ISO C++.

I have no doubt that if the change I committed is objectionable someone
will commit another change. But if not this one works as best as I can
tell and gcc 3.4 works.

Thanks for tracking down a potential solution.