[vlc-devel] No longer able to use gdb with vlc

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Thu Dec 16 11:23:41 CET 2004

With the last svn update, I find I can no longer use gdb to debug vlc. (I am using FC3). I get this:

  % gdb ./vlc
  GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.1post-1.20040607.43rh)
  This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...
  /usr/src/build/475318-i386/BUILD/gdb+dejagnu-20040607/gdb/dwarf2read.c:5000: internal-error: could not find partial DIE in cache

  A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
  further debugging may prove unreliable.

I am however able to debug other binaries. Anyone else had a similar
problem or know what to do? (Build gdb is an obvious solution.)