[vlc-devel] Tracking down gdb debugger breakage

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Sun Dec 19 05:29:22 CET 2004

I've been trying to figure out why gdb has stopped working all of a
sudden on vlc.

Has anyone noticed that gdb is giving an error on the current svn
sources other than the other guy using FC3?

If I remove all plugins I get the same problem, so whatever causes an
incompitiblity has is *not* in a module which I guess narrows things
down a bit. Also I note that gdb does work with the last release
vlc-0.8.0-test2, and I have the same problem no matter what level of
optimization or using the latest gdb compiled from source.

It might be helpful to know if there are problesm other OS's or other
distros other than FC-3.

Thanks.