[vlc-devel] Re: patch modules/control/telnet.c (9649): fix race on close

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Sat Dec 25 13:27:04 CET 2004

Hello,

> Attached is a patch to fix a race condition in vlm where the client closed
> the connection, but didn't use the command "quit".  Typically this would
> enter a race condition and consume 100% of cpu until vlm was killed.

Thanks for this patch, applied.

> I'm also interested in patches to VLM that would add a "stop at end of
> playlist" (maybe control handle stopatend) and a percentage played status
> option as well (control handle status?).  And of course a working playlist
> in VLM again.  :)

Could you be more explicit on what you call playlist in the case of VLM.
Normal playlist and "vlm playlist" are currently independant. We have
been looking at how to integrate them neatly (VLM items being put in a
separate node in the playlist, VLM being able to use other playlist
items, ...). What would you like to see ?

--
Zorglub
Clément Stenac