[vlc-devel] Re: Writing VLC interface plug-in

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 13 09:18:17 CET 2004

> Is libyourmodule_plugin.so a text file I need to create? I'm not sure what
> kind of file it is.
No, it is the compiled module. It will be created during the build
process.

> I looked at Makefile in modules/misc/dummy, and it had lots of stuff in
> it. If I write a new plugin in a new directory, how can I write a new
> Makefile for it?

You do not have to write a Makefile. You only have to write a Modules.am
file, and bootstrap / configure will generate the Makefile (if you added
your folder to the configure.ac file).

> Also, modules/gui/wxwindows contains large object files such as
> libwxwindows_plugin_a-open.o, etc. If I write a new module, would it have
> to be linked against these object files?
These are intermediate build results. You do not need to do anything
with them. They are built from source files and linked to make the .so
file which is the real VLC plugin.

--
Zorglub
Clément Stenac