[vlc-devel] vout zoom patch

Markus Kern markus-kern at gmx.net
Sun Feb 22 01:18:43 CET 2004

Hello,

I have written a small patch for VLC which allows video output to be
zoomed during playback.

Currently if p_vout->b_scale is off video output will be shown at the
center of the display window and at the fixed size of
p_vout->render.i_width/i_height.

This patch adds a f_zoom variable to vout_thread_t which is initially
set by the already present "zoom" key in video_output.c.
f_zoom is used in vout_PlacePicture to calculate the picture size if
b_scale is off.

This allows interface plugins to zoom the video output during playback
by setting p_vout->f_zoom and p_vout->i_changes |= VOUT_SIZE_CHANGE.

I have only used VLC for a few days so someone familiar with its inner
workings should check that this patch doesn't collide with any other
functionality. It has only been tested on windows with the directx
vout plugin.

It would be great if you added this patch to your source tree.

- Markus Kern