[vlc-devel] cddb lookup in utf-8 locale (cddax module)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Sun Feb 22 23:26:56 CET 2004

As you've noted the errors come from libcddb, the routine
cddb_parse_record() in particular.

It may be that cddb_query never calls this routine. You can verify
that by using "-l debug" and see if "cddb_parse_record" appears in the
output.

Whether the problem is in libcddb or vlc, it would be useful to have
the CDDB Disc ID which you may have entered when running
cddb_query. (I don't see the CDDB Disc ID in the logs). From vlc, you
can find the CDDB Disc ID under "Stream and Media Info" in the
"General" section.

Finally, I'll note that the CD-DA plugin via libcdio has a number of
little problems that I'm aware of. For example at the end of a track
the playlist and display don't get updated and right now I don't know
how to fix. Or the fact that the GUIs refer to "Title" (and sometimes
show a "Chapter" button) when "Track" is more appropriate.

It's just that this plugin I is largely an improvement from what was
there. Of course feel free to help out and fix.