[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (gbazin)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Feb 26 13:08:56 CET 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 09:59, Clément Stenac wrote:
> Actually, the hang up in AddPendingEvent is still present.
>
> (the AddPendingEvent( event ) call never returns, thus leaving the
> playlist locked)

I never said the AddPendingEvent() call was fixed ;)
However I have now committed a fix for it. There was a deadlock in the vlc
code and there is still potentially one in the Rebuild() function but I've
not been able to trigger it so...
The deadlock came from calling var_Set() while still having the lock on the
playlist object.

--
Gildas