[vlc-devel] Re: Control vlc with iPaq's button

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jan 12 17:41:37 CET 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004, Alessandro Marino wrote:
> I would control vlc with iPaq's button. Does a library exist for such task? Is it possible to use Xlib?

While it may be possible to use Xlib, I would rather recommend using the
toolkit functions for this. If you are using Qtopia (OPIE), you can make
the application handle the keys (instead of the desktop environment)
with QPEApplication::grabKeyboard(). When a key is pressed, the
keyPressedEvent method is triggered on the active widget. The iPAQs
keys are identified as Key_F9 to Key_F12. I don't konw about GPE, but I
guess you can do the same thing.

--
Jobi