[vlc-devel] stringreview before 0.7.1
hartman at videolan.org
Sat Jan 17 19:13:35 CET 2004
As there are several very annoying bugs in 0.7.0, as you may have
noticed when you spend time on the ml, forums and irc, it is key that
we start ramping up for a 0.7.1 release soon now. Part of what needs to
be done for this release is a very serious review of all the strings in
I'm thinking next weekend, and there should be at least about 5-8
persons on the job. I think we could best divide the code between those
persons. In case of questions you can then turn to IRC to ask one of
the others. ALL the files should be read completely. It's a tedious
job, but it needs to get done and with many people working together, it
will only take an hour or two.
I'm on the job of course, gibalou and murray have also agreed to help
out, but we need more people. So, signup now and let us get this mess
sorted out :)
I'm also very interested in things you think need to be changed or
'need to conform' to a certain standard...
We need to look for:
- untranslated strings which should be translated (that means "" ->
- incorrect phrasing of strings.
- duplicity or rather lack there off, which results in something having
to be translated 4 times
- missing information which should be there ( i'm thinking preferences )
- correctness and usefulness of the existing strings. (also thinking
about prefs )
- punctuation usage ( start lines with a capital, end with a . etc.)
- stuff that shouldn't be translated, but atm is. ("mms://")
- consistent usage of either the word modules or the word plugins (and
Let me know if there is anything else you think is important.
I'll write a short 'guide book' before the weekend, so we don't need to
spend endless time discussing on IRC.
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://developers.videolan.org/lists.html
If you are in trouble, please contact <postmaster at videolan.org>
More information about the vlc-devel