[vlc-devel] when is the media done playing?

Ian Gilman ian at iangilman.com
Sun Jan 18 10:19:38 CET 2004

I'm developing a user interface module for vlc, and I have what is
probably a basic question:

How do I find out when a piece of audio or video has finished playing?
I know how to find out when the input module is done with it, and when
the playlist thinks it's done playing, but I'm having trouble finding
out when it's actually finished playing out of the speaker and/or
monitor.  I assume I need to ask something of the audio or video output
module, but I don't know what/how to ask.

On a more general note, what is the best way to discover such things?
I've gone through the documentation online and searched through the
code and have yet to find a list of "These are the things you can ask
of an output module, these are the things you can ask of an input
module, etc." Am I missing something?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-- Ian Gilman