[vlc-devel] Re: Building the Mozilla plugin for Mac OS X

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Thu Jan 22 00:15:08 CET 2004

The way this plugin was written so far was to completely build mozilla
from sources and install that.
The plugin was not written by me, but by another vlc developer. I have
had no time to continue this effort so far.

First of all i hate to install a complete mozilla but unfortunately,
there isn't a SDK available yet for OSX. Someone on this page
http://geoff.mollyandgeoff.com/mozilla.html is working on that.

second, the code to have it actually display something, is no longer in
cvs atm because it was crashing the normal VLC version for OSX. I've
been working on turning this into a separate module, but it's not
finished yet. (again time).

If you want them, i can send them to you.

DJ

On 21 jan 2004, at 07:00, Adrian at Stewart St. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I pulled the source for vlc off CVS and tried building the plugin for
> Mac OS X.
> My question is how do you set up the Mozilla sources to do the build?
> ./configure needs mozilla-config when --enable-mozilla is set.
> Hope you can help,
>
> Adrian.
---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (hartman at videolan dot org)
Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc
http://www.videolan.org/vlc