[vlc-devel] get a variable value

dominique.papin dominique at infodia.fr
Mon Jan 26 16:41:28 CET 2004

hello,

to wrap VLC in my application, I need to read  "state", "time" or
"length" variable of the input part for example.
Am I to use exported function VLC_Get or do I need the more inner
var_Get ? The difference is noticeable as var_Get needs some more
include files and  resolved value of  vlc_t* and input_thread_t*  which
is less elegant than a simple call to VLC_Get.

I've not seen any hint in docs or mailing lists then I dare to ask you
about it : Could you tell me which function do i have to use ?

Thanks
dominique