[vlc-devel] Re: RFC: vout system (Also long)

Anatoly R. emulynx at delfi.lv
Sat Jan 31 11:21:25 CET 2004

Hello R.,

RB>    Before undertaking the code in codec/ogt/render.c, I looked at many
RB>    other projects like libpng, transcode, mpeg2dec, xine, and vlc to
RB>    see if some other project had yuv2rgb conversion routines, scaling
RB>    and blending encapsulated. The answer is sort of (to varying
RB>    degrees of success depending on the project) but not really, and
RB>    not in a way that any other project might use. Nothing coming close
RB>    to a library that I thought I could use. So it seems there's lots
RB>    of cut and paste. I bet that's also true between vlc and libcaca
RB>    even though these may have been largely (if not totally) written by
RB>    the same person.

I'd like to suggest something. Look at emulators, e.g.:

Sony Playstation uses dozens of video formats.
It uses dozens of texture types.
In order to emulate it you need to convert them to current colorspace.

I can't really point you where are the routines because I never tried
to dive into their sources. I suspect that

http://www.pcsx.net (emulator core)
or
http://sourceforge.net/projects/peops/ (software gfx plugin)

could have a thing you are looking for.

--
Best regards,
 Anatoly                            mailto:emulynx at ml.lv
WARNING!!! MY EMAIL WILL BE CHANGED IN APRIL TO LYNX SOBAKA "ML" DOT LV