[vlc-devel] Handling of EOVERFLOW

Vincent Bernat bernat at free.fr
Thu Jul 1 09:01:29 CEST 2004

Hello !

When streaming  a  whole transponder    with vlc,  I sometimes  get  a
EOVERFLOW  error from the kernel. When  vlc receives such an error, it
terminates. I have  asked on dvb mailing list  about this and it seems
that tools like vlc should ignore such an error (most apps in dvb-apps
do the same).

I  have tried  to  implement this  but  it  seems rather  difficult  :
rereading again if we get an EOVERFLOW seems to break the system and I
don't know how to implement "ok, the DVB card did  not send us a valid
packet, but let's continue". Could someone help me to implement this ?
--
THIS IS NOT A CLUE...OR IS IT?
THIS IS NOT A CLUE...OR IS IT?