[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7902 (fenrir)

Olivier Aubert oaubert at lisi.univ-lyon1.fr
Sun Jun 6 18:15:51 CEST 2004

>  Btw, the module uses input_Tell that is deprecated, Is it really needed ?
I was just following the advice that I got on this list on Nov. 2003
(OK, 6 months ago, but I have been reading the list since and did not
notice any official deprecation announcement of input_Tell) :
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.videolan.vlc.devel/7410

I will remove it. But it would be very nice if the People Who Know would
mark deprecated functions as such in their comments, so that we can
follow what is Right and Wrong. For the moment, the code itself does not
have anything about that, and the developer documentation just says "The
most important file is include/input_ext-intf.h, which you should know
almost by heart." A simple comment like "Deprecated. Use ???? instead."
would be extremely useful.

On the other hand, what I was looking for was a way to add timestamps to
the snapshots. Using information for p_input results anyway in some
error (as the image is displayed some time after being read). So it is
not perfect even with the var_Get (p_input, "time") solution. If
somebody has an idea about getting this information, please tell me.

Olivier

PS: If some VLC developer has an emacs c-style definition matching the
VLC coding standard, please send it to me, thanks.