[vlc-devel] Re: FC2 Compiling Problems
spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 7 14:56:34 CEST 2004
I've patch the 0.7.1 vlc.spec somewhat and successfully compiled a vlc-0.7.2 rpm.
A description is available at
At the url http://fett.ethz.ch/~spindler/vlc-rpm/fc2 all necessary rpms
that I didn't get via apt are located.
I hope this is somewhat useful for you, Jason. Some more information on my experience
with the build process.
- installing libcdio and libvcd is strange, as they seem to have circular
dependencies. Therefor I installed an old libcdio version first.
- the new libcdio rpm has a nasty hack in it: it removes an unwanted /usr/share/info/dir
entry by rm -f in BUILDROOT. Probably there is a better, cleaner solution to this?
- neither speex nor libmatroska where available at the apt repositories in a new
- new dependencies were added without really checking if they are absolutely necessary. Especially
this is the case for libebml-devel. Without it matroska is not compiled when building. But is it
necessary for operation?
- the Xinerama.h problem is still there
- the new vlc.spec will only build on FC2, as XFree86 is now xorg-x11. Is there a solution
to this with a conditional statement checking the distribution?
- my changes to vlc.spec in regards to mozilla are ugly and probably a not working plugin will
be built. Actually I don't know exactly what was happening and just hacked at it until it was
user-buildable and installed to /usr/lib/mozilla-VERSION/plugins
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the vlc-devel