[vlc-devel] a52tofloat32 quad problem

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Fri Jun 11 15:50:34 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've seen a problem when trying to play a quad stream with vlc. I had
output set to a quad configuration (2F2R), a52 correctly decodes and
downmix the stream as a 2F2R (ordered L,R,LS,RS)

When ouputing the channels on the Motu828, vlc in cvs with the
modifications from Matthew Romaine modified to allow only 4 channel
outputs (the output capabilities are then to 2F2R as well), the channel
order were screwed with AC3 tracks, although it was right for DTS
tracks.

I tracked down the problem to the function Interleave() in
a52tofloat32.c . The order of the channel is hardcoded to 2F1R+LFE for
every 4 channel stream. This is not the case in dtstofloat32.c .

The comments also state there is more work to do in these functions.
Meanwhile it would be logical the channel order being the same in the 2
functions.

I changed this to default to 2F2R, but it's not better.  Maybe I'll
find some time to look at this this weekend.

Is it possible to do that for the two converters instead at one place?

Jean-Alexis Montignies
http://www.sente.ch/