[vlc-devel] Re: DirectShow Input Problem on Current Builds of VLC

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 16 12:41:19 CEST 2004

Thank you for the  quick response.

I have 2004 drivers for the card.  There is one new update, just released,
although I do not believe it addresses the items you discuss.

In the 5 March software version the dshow code was able to open the Osprey's
configuration applet without difficulty, so it seems the Osprey does have a
Windows device manager app that is accessible.  It's a more complex applet
than, say, typical Webcams -- the Osprey has many capabilities, many output
resolutions, at least 7 color space options, etc.  I normally run the Osprey
using defaults -- 640x480 resolution, composite input, but had gone through
VLC's "device properties" checkbox to adjust things, see how they looked.

If you could add the leniency back in, it would be appreciated.  The card
really does work quite well with VLC (or did), and it looks like the
framegrabber market area is relatively small -- there are companies with TV
tuners, there are companies with very expensive frame grabbers, but
Viewcast's Osprey line is one of the feww, it appears, that addresses high
resolution at a reasonable cost.

Thsnkd sgsin.

Mark