[vlc-devel] Re: Fedora 2 RPMs on RHEL3 and vlc source rpm missing (was Re: Re: Fedora 2 RPMS)

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 22 19:54:17 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 22:11, Jason Luka wrote:
> VLC can run safely without those libs.  libasound is the ALSA sound
> driver, which isn't used on RHEL3, and libXinerama is the driver for
> multiple monitors.  (I think)

I installed your 0.7.2 on RHEL3 and RH9 now with --nodeps and it works fine,
thanks a lot. Actually it is much more stable than my home grown 0.7.2 ...

Anyway, the --nodeps is really not very good for me, as after that up2date
and apt-get start to complain that I should fix the installed software. Of course
I can configure my systems to ignore vlc dependencies, but this work doesn't
scale well. Therefor I'd be really happy if you'd publish your spec again, so
I can change it to match the software installed on RHEL3 and RH9.

Bye,
Torsten