[vlc-devel] Re: your vlc audio patch

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Tue Jun 22 20:29:45 CEST 2004

Note that the patch submitted by Matt, could work less than the
previous version for certain people (I'm thinking of my step up
especially :) )

My opinion on this thing is that we should forget about the current
implementation and the recent fixes and use the HALOutputUnit like Xine
did.

It will be easier to implement correctly.
Moreover, it will give the user the possibility to specify its channel
setup using the supplied AudioMidiSetup appliication.

The drawback is that it doesn't work with direct stream output (AC3).
But isn't the things todo different enough to have two different
approaches (2 modules?).

Jean-Alexis Montignies
http://www.sente.ch/