[vlc-devel] Re: [Re: GPE VLC 0.7.1 for iPaq 3600 ] and problem with VLC v0.7.1 for xscale

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Mon Mar 8 16:42:18 CET 2004

Annie Chen wrote:

>>- Unfortunately all I get from vlc is:
>>  "vlc: error while loading shared libraries: libmpeg2.so.0: cannot
>>   open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>>

>I had the same problem, you need to install the libmpeg2dec library for
>the PXA iPAQs.
>http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/ipkg-feed/armv4l/v0.7.1/xscale/libmpeg2dec_0.4.0_arm.ipk

I added the libmpeg2 to the h3600 directory and download page.

>However I have another problem with the xscale distribution. When I try
>to run vlc I get the following error:
>
>VLC media player 0.7.1 Bond
>[00000001] main vlc error: no memcpy module matched "any"
>[00000017] main interface error: no interface module matched
>"hotkeys,none"
>[00000017] main interface error: no suitable intf module
>[00000001] main vlc error: interface "hotkeys,none" initialization
>failed
>[00000018] main interface error: no interface module matched "any"
>[00000018] main interface error: no suitable intf module
>[00000001] main vlc error: interface "(null)" initialization failed
>
>When I run strace on vlc I see that it's trying to find these libraries
>under "modules/" directory, but these libraries are installed under
>subdirectories in /usr/lib/vlc.  To make it work I manually created a
>directory called "modules" and linked all the libraries files under
>/usr/lib/vlc. However this is not a permanent solution.

Hmm, this should not be needed. Could you send me directly a complete
log generated with: vlc -vvv > /var/tmp/error.log 2>&1 ?

>I suspect it
>reads in the location of modules from .vlcrc config file but I have no
>such file and couldn't find an example of such file.

That the .vlcrc config file does not exist is no problem at all.

--

Many greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman

Consultant